In this article, you will have a clear look at the gaming market and where we locate Salo Players — The Digital Guardian.
According to the Fortune Business Insights report, the global gaming market was valued at 203.12 billion US Dollars in 2020.
The global gaming market is projected to grow from $229.16 billion in 2021 to $545.98 billion in 2028 at a CAGR of 13.20% during the 2021–2028 period.
Another report estimates that the full value of the gaming industry now exceeds $300 billion, more than the combined markets for movies and music, driven by a surge in mobile gaming and an emphasis on social interaction during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Numbers may vary but all reports agree that the gaming industry is big and it is growing ever faster with the pandemic.
Interest in blockchain gaming has been growing steadily through 2021. Blockchain gaming, NFT games, and play-to-earn keyword searches saw a significant increase around the first week of July 2021.
Gaming and blockchain are among the most attractive domains for investment. With the NFT boom, the obvious is becoming real. Games are now joining the blockchain-NFT ride and vice versa. “Play to earn” is the buzzword of both domains in 2021. GameFi is the next big thing.
In the centralized gaming industry, only the publishers and developers share in the success. Most gamers who invested immense time and money in such games are left with almost no returns.
Gamers interact with a system that they have no control over and have no way to return their investments. It lead to the creation of a decentralized gaming ecosystem.
GameFi, which is the combination of gaming and decentralized finance, is a system in opposition to the centralized gaming industry. GameFi allows anyone to access and generate finance by playing games or participating in the GameFi ecosystems. GameFi has unlocked an opportunity for players, in which they play to earn, not pay to play.
In a nutshell, GameFi is the combination of three important parts of the blockchain space: decentralized finance (DeFi), non-fungible tokens, and blockchain-based games.
However, this isn’t to say that there aren’t challenges. Some of these challenges include:
- Creating value for players
The first challenge — and perhaps most important — will be that of creating proper value for players.
In an ecosystem where gaming meets blockchains, what makes the rewards valuable? What is the value of NFT? Can they be traded, or should they be held?
- User experience
One common theme with every trend that comes up in the crypto market is that platforms tend to have problems with user experience.
DeFi had this problem, with many DeFi platforms being too difficult to be understood and used. NFTs had the same issue — the steps needed to create, sell or even buy an NFT remain overly cumbersome to this day.
- Ties to the broader crypto market
Like it or not, every sub-industry under crypto will still be tied to the mainstream market itself.
Common problems across the current GameFi ecosystem are:
- While blockchain games with complex game mechanics are being developed at a rapid rate throughout the GameFi ecosystem, there is still no comprehensive solution or support for non-blockchain games to be placed on the DeFi stack.
- There exists no vehicle to transport value across games on different ecosystems. GameFi developers till now have focused on building an ecosystem of their games, and incentives based on those games, unintentionally creating the very centrality that they rally against.
- Huge waiting times for finality, slow-paced games.
- High barriers to entry, skyrocketing transaction fees.
- Focus on money-making strategies as opposed to actual gameplay.
- The complicated nature of blockchain discourages participation.
Salo Players Introduction
Salo Players — The Digital Guardian is the first Shooting Play-to-Earn Game on Binance Smart Chain Ecosystem. The game also provides a unique metaverse where players can freely collect, buy and sell their NFT.
Disney’s Wreck-it Ralph has greatly inspired Salo Players — Digital Guardian through its success in the Metaverse world where Shooting and Role-playing cross each other. Players will take place as a Guardian Gunner, who shows no mercy for the viruses harming the SALO Network.
By initiating the project with our base strength in Shooting games and Blockchain technology, Salo Players — Digital Guardian Development Team wishes to demonstrate our vision for “GameFi”: the combination of entertainment (Game) and an effective, sustainable in-game economy (Fi).
By that, all participants of the Salo Players — Digital Guardian ecosystem included investors, players, and developers are worthy rewarded for their contribution to the game and its ecosystems.
We also believe that Salo Players — Digital Guardian can solve some of today’s GameFi problems.
Salo Players — Digital Guardian offers players fast-paced gameplay, low entry barriers, easy access, simple UI, and valuable NFTs. Our team is focused on both money-making strategies and the actual gameplay.
We can proudly say that Salo Player — Digital Guardian is:
- One of the best Shooting GameFi was ever made. With a third-person top-down view, including RPG mechanics such as stats/level up.
- Expanding storyline throughout the development of the game with the theme of CyberPunk and Sci-fi.
- Captivating gameplay: PVE, PVP, Guild Rank, Metaverse, Co-op battles other online players.
- Innovative Play-to-earn model with applications of NFT and cryptocurrency, aiming for a high-speed action game flow.
- BEP2-based token to easily approach the vast crypto community; Private chain Dapps ensuring stable game operation and optimizing players’ returns with near-zero gas fee.
Our team is here 24/7 to answer your questions and give you feedback.
Telegram Chat Group: t.me/Saloplayers
Telegram Annoucement: t.me/Saloplayersann